Planpac is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm headquartered in Townsville and working throughout Australia, PNG, Fiji and expanding further into the Pacific. We are a dynamic and friendly team with expertise in design, planning, project and contract management. Our diverse portfolio of projects includes residential, commercial, and industrial buildings for clients from the private sector, all levels of government and international aid agencies.
About the Role
We are currently looking for additional experienced Senior Architects, Architectural Draftsperson, Design Manager and Graduates of Architecture to join our team in Townsville. You’ll have the ability to work across all stages of the design process, and ensure projects are executed to the highest standards, adhering to strict timelines.
The key responsibilities for this role will include but not limited to:
- Generating architectural designs for all industry sectors, primarily commercial designs in conjunction with the Design Team.
- Inception design tasks (3D modelling) in accordance with project and client design briefs
- Proficiency in ArchiCAD, with an understanding and application of relevant building codes to produce quality architectural design and documentation.
- Assist in preparing architectural documents for planning and building applications.
- Assist in preparing detailed architectural documents for tendering and construction purposes.
- Assist in coordinating and liaising with consultant teams and contractors on a variety of projects at varying stages.
- Adjusting designs and plans to meet the client’s needs.
Qualifications and Experience
To be considered for this role, you will ideally have:
- Degree in Architecture/Design or a related field.
- Proven extensive industry experience as a registered architect.
- Ideally a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience working in Architecture/Design.
- Strong proficiency in architectural design and drafting software such as ArchiCAD is essential.
- In-depth knowledge of construction methodologies, building codes and planning regulations.
- Knowledge of architectural and structural drawings and building service design principles.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical mindset, attention to detail, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing business needs within PlanPac.
- Strong creative and visualisation skills.
To apply, please click on the link below or alternatively email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.